Friday, May 15, 2009

The Final Countdown

I'm amazed at how well we've done during the past 9 months. Mommy Spoon has held up wonderfully and been a very patient, kind and foxy mamacita during her pregnancy. The due date is today! And the day has come and gone. Which means that we're playing a whole new ballgame now. I can't decide what to do. Should I convince Baby Spoon to stay in there a few more days so that I can get a few more fabulous photos? Or do I persuade her to make a fantastic entrance to life -one that won't be forgotten? It's quite the conundrum.
Today, the entire day, has been a good one. The doctor's visit left us with good news. We're in the 40th week and doing great. Unless our marvelous Baby Spoon decides to make her debut this weekend, we're looking at being induced for labor on Monday. We thought that best. Mommy Spoon looks lovely pregnant, but Momday is the day. (Did I just spell Momday? Oops, typo) It also happens to be the birthday of Baby Spoon's aunt. So if that is what happens, someone gets to celebrate her sweet 16th with her brand-new niece. Which is pretty fantastic, if you ask me. -Daddy Spoon.

1 comment:

  1. Natalie, I can't wait to hear news of everything beginning! I also cannot wait to see this Baby's gorgeous face and hear the name you've chosen!!!! Good luck with L&D and I can't wait to meet Little Baby Spoon! (And Daddy Spoon I haven't met you yet!)
    Bonnie Rose

    ReplyDelete