Thursday, October 29, 2009

Smashing (well, carving) Pumpkins

There has been a lot going on within the Spoon family lately. First of all, our Baby Spoon is getting bigger and bigger each day. We're guessing that she is now 20 lbs. and 28 inches tall. We won't know for certain until we go into the doctor's for her 6 month check-up -next month. We can only wonder how big she'll be by then.

One thing that our Babykins is able to do by herself now is hold her bottle with both hands while she's eating. Her arm strength is improving and she enjoys tummy time more than she used to. All that hard work is definitely showing now, since she can hold her own bottle to eat. Though not for very long. I was just changing her diaper -before her middle of the night feeding- and since she was crying so much I gave Babykins her bottle and let her hold onto it to eat while I finished working on changing her diaper. To my surprise and pleasure, she held up the bottle on her own long enough for me to do what I needed to do with her dirty diaper. And then she held up her bottle for a few minutes after that. I was very pleased about that. :D

And then we can't forget about smashing, er, carving pumpkins! Mommy Spoon, Baby Spoon and I had a fun time last night slicing up the pumpkins we got at the u-pick pumpkin patch the other week. We had two tiny, baby pumpkins, a medium orange pumpkin, a white pumpkin and a large, green pumpkin with warts all over it. Both Mommy Spoon and I took plenty of pictures! Since we started carving after dinner, Baby Spoon only had enough energy to help us carve her pumpkins. They are the eyes to the medium orange pumpkin. After she went to bed, I carved the white pumpkin -the green pumpkin with warts will get carved up later, probably Friday- and Mommy Spoon finished taking pictures of all of the fun!

Don't you think we have the best pumpkins? Baby Spoon sure thinks we do! She thinks they look sooooo spooky! She loves them. Mommy Spoon and I do too! -Daddy Spoon.












No comments:

Post a Comment