Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Sweetest Thing

Over the past few weeks, Baby Spoon's vocabulary has really grown. It's amazing because there are a lot of words and phrases that she uses which constantly surprise us when we listen to her excited baby babbling. And she is definitely a talker! Everyone knows who "Mrs. O" is when we go out and about. She's a little chatterbox.

Part of the fun of it all is hearing things like, "I ate like a big girl!" or "I did it!" and of course there's my personal favorite, "I love you!" My heart melts a little each time she tells me that when I have to leave for work. Honest. It's the sweetest thing I can hear on my way out the door.

Along with her growing English vocabulary, Punkins is learning Portuguese also. I can't wait for her to bring home report cards from kindergarten with notes from her teachers complaining that they can't understand everything she says. Mommy Spoon and I want to see her continue to develop these skills and talents because it's so exciting to watch it happen!

Leave it to my Babykins to be such a little sweetheart. We're happy to be her parents and enjoy all of the joy she brings to our lives. We happily reciprocate by returning that love & joy to her. Our Baby Spoon makes being a Mommy & Daddy the best job ever. :D - Daddy Spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment