Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh, My Daughter

So Baby Spoon has recently begun to share something in common with Mommy Spoon -they both love sourdough bread. While our Mamacita is able to contain herself around sourdough bread, Babykins can't get enough of it! She loves that stuff. It's like turning on a vacuum in her stomach and watching the bread in front of her disappear. It's too funny.

Anyways, this morning I gave Punkins some pieces of sourdough bread along with her breakfast cereal. I had torn a large slice of sourdough in half, leaving a quarter piece on the table next to us while I spoon fed cereal to our Tiny Wonder, and as she fed herself the tiny torn pieces of the sourdough.

During the course of the meal, I noticed that Babykins was both thirsty and in need of some fluids to help flush down the runny nose she's picked up from cutting two new teeth. So I left her with a tray full of bread and Cheerios and jumped over to the kitchen to fix up a sippy cup with juice. As I was prepping her juice, I heard a tiny and exuberant "I did it!" from the living room.

When I came back to the living room with Bunkin's juice I discovered something that made me chuckle. Our Tiny Wonder had managed to extend her arm far enough to reach the quarter piece of the bread that I had left -at a distance which I had thought out of reach- on the table. She was busy nomming away at the delicious prize she successfully pilfered while I was away. Baby Spoon couldn't have been happier and it was visible all over her bread-crumb-covered face.

Moral of the story? Never underestimate the ingenuity of a child, especially when it comes to tasty food! Mine never ceases to amaze me, that's for sure! -Daddy Spoon.

1 comment:

  1. that's a such a cute story! i hope you let her finish eating the bread. ophelia deserved it! :)

    ReplyDelete