Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Dubious Milestone

Well, it finally happened. This morning I was playing on the floor with our adorable Baby Spoon and realized that I needed to add some more logs to the fireplace. In the span of five minutes while I stoked the fire, Babykins managed to roll herself away from the books we had been playing with and over to one of the cat's food bowls. When I looked back, I found her on her tummy with both hands in the bowl and stuffing her face with dry cat food.

As amusing as the sight was, my worst nightmares have finally come true. I've always been uneasy about Miss O finding her way to the cat's things and today was the day she just had to go and do it. Not too thrilled about that. I had to fish out three pieces of kibble from her mouth. She wasn't too thrilled about that either. Her protests rang loud and clear. I hope Baby Spoon doesn't expect the cat and dog food bowls to be an all-you-can-eat buffet. She's going to be disappointed if she does! I just hope for now we can keep Babykins away from the food she isn't supposed to eat. She's much cuter when her face is covered in baby food. Much, much cuter! -Daddy Spoon

No comments:

Post a Comment